Non-ambiguity is the shaping force of reality.
Ten quick steps to reduce ambiguity
1. Whenever possible, limit all email requests, tasks, or questions to one item.
2. After answering questions or fulfilling requests, one should ask if the responses or actions have satisfied the recipient. It should be stated that any outstanding question or item left unclear will be elaborated upon as needed, and the recipient should be welcomed to request better information.
3. Avoid multi-party threads with multiple-choice options or responsibilities.
4. If an email is unclear or ambiguous, the recipient should immediately ask politely for clarification. This is far better to do than providing an answer to what is perceived as one thing but actually is intended as another. If an explanation does not provide clarification, it is still good Netiquette to ask again.
5. Make certain punctuation is used correctly. Parenthesis are very helpful in framing clarification.
6. One should be prudent with and use pronouns correctly.
7. Trailing or leading modifiers are best utilized very carefully (see chapter 5).
9. Terse answers to questions can be especially prone to ambiguity.
10. Should one deem that a sent email may have ambiguity potential, then a proactive correspondence should be sent asking the recipient to verify that the message is clear.
==================================Good Netiquette And A Green Internet To All! =====================================================================
Tabula Rosa Systems - Tabula Rosa Systems (TRS) is dedicated to providing Best of Breed Technology and Best of Class Professional Services to our Clients. We have a portfolio of products which we have selected for their capabilities, viability and value. TRS provides product, design, implementation and support services on all products that we represent. Additionally, TRS provides expertise in Network Analysis, eBusiness Application Profiling, ePolicy and eBusiness Troubleshooting.
We can be contacted at:
email@example.com or 609 818 1802.===============================================================
In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". My new book, “You’re Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes. . . And Get That Job!” has just been published and will be followed by a trilogy of books on Netiquette for young people. You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
Anyone who would like to review the book and have it posted on my blog or website, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to this blog, I maintain a radio show on BlogtalkRadio online newsletter via paper.li.I have established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahooa member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and I have been contributing to the blogs Everything Email and emailmonday . My work has appeared in numerous publications and I have presented to groups such as The Breakfast Club of NJ and PSG of Mercer County, NJ.
Additionally, I am the president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a “best of breed” reseller of products for communications, email, network management software, security products and professional services. Also, I am the president of Netiquette IQ. We are currently developing an email IQ rating system, Netiquette IQ, which promotes the fundamentals outlined in my book.
Over the past twenty-five years, I have enjoyed a dynamic and successful career and have attained an extensive background in IT and electronic communications by selling and marketing within the information technology market.