One of Tabula Rosa's great and compelling new products is Netskope, security for cloud computing. The following is a summary.
Please contact Tabula Rosa, see details below, for more information!
- Security For The Cloud
Challenge 1: Protecting Data in Sanctioned Apps (e.g. Office 365, DropBox, Box, Salesforce)
• Economics of SaaS are driving corporate adoption of cloud-hosted apps
• But enterprises need to protect confidential data residing in SaaS data centers
• Existing security tools such as firewalls are designed to block apps, not protect specific content
Challenge 2: Controlling Unsanctioned Apps “Shadow-IT”
• Huge proliferation of apps by business units and individual employees
• CIO’s don’t want to be the “Dr. No” by blocking apps that drive employee productivity, but need to prevent data from leaking out to unsecured data centers
• Need a tool to “coach” employees to use safe, approved apps, and filter confidential data
How Netskope Addresses Those Challenges
Protecting Data in Sanctioned Apps
· Identify & encrypt (or block) specific data in transit as it’s being uploaded into the SaaS app
· Encrypt data already residing in those repositories (such as OneDrive - the storage drive for Office 365, or DropBox, Box, etc.)
· Blocking sharing of data residing in those sanctioned repositories to other storage apps
· Protect data being accessed outside of the firewall perimeter via mobile devices
Controlling Unsanctioned Apps “Shadow IT”
· Provide “Cloud Confidence Level” ratings on SaaS apps so IT can select what apps to sanction or simply allow employees to use
· Coach users to utilize approved apps by blocking unsafe apps such as “ZippyShare” and redirecting them to safer options such as DropBox or Box
· Like sanctioned apps, filter and/or encrypt data going into unsanctioned apps
Special Bulletin - My just released book, "You're Hired. Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes! (And Get That Job...) is now on sales at Amazon.com
**Important note** - contact our company for very powerful solutions for IP management (IPv4 and IPv6, security, firewall and APT solutions:
In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". . You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
If you would like to listen to experts in all aspects of Netiquette and communication, try my radio show on BlogtalkRadio Additionally, I provide content for an online newsletter via paper.li. I have also established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahoo. I am also a member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. Further, I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and have been a contributor to numerous blogs and publications.
Lastly, I am the founder and president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a company that provides “best of breed” products for network, security and system management and services. Tabula Rosa has a new blog and Twitter site which offers great IT product information for virtually anyone.